• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete the request because it is not the right kind of document.

Participant ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a tiff. file I was editing and Photoshop says "Could not complete the request because it is not the right kind of document.".

Before this happened I had tried to save it, and if I remember correctly it said I did not have the administration authority to save? the document, or something like that.

This is the second time it has happened to me. Lots of editing and the image is lost again!

This also happened to me with another tiff file I was working on the other day. It kept showing up as a tiff in my folder, but did not show any image on the thumbnail. I could not delete the file from my folder. I finally rebooted the computer and the file disappeared.

These are saved google earth images that I had saved as tiffs, that I enlarged with ON1 Resize10, and was now adding lines with the line tool, and also some text.

Any ideas?

Windows 7 Pro

64GB Ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Hi. I was actually able to talk to adobe tech support over the phone.

I had the problem happen again while he was watching my screen. I was unable to save the file because it said I did not have administrative access to it! This is after doing a bunch of work and saving on it already.

I went to my other Administrator account and the file did not even show up. I went back to my original account and the file was gone.

I then tried to recreate the problem, but it did not happen again. So far it is bac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MrDill,

We're sorry to hear about this error, as you're not able to open tiff files and getting "Could not complete the request because it is not the right kind of document" error. It seems that the files are corrupt.

Could you please try creating a new user account with admin rights and try saving a few tiff files and then try opening them and see if it works?

Steps to create a new user account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13951/windows-create-user-account

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I was actually able to talk to adobe tech support over the phone.

I had the problem happen again while he was watching my screen. I was unable to save the file because it said I did not have administrative access to it! This is after doing a bunch of work and saving on it already.

I went to my other Administrator account and the file did not even show up. I went back to my original account and the file was gone.

I then tried to recreate the problem, but it did not happen again. So far it is back to working correctly. No idea why the problem happens, or if it is going to happen again.

I am unsure if this is a Photoshop or a Windows problem.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error.

I have just created 3 HDR images and saved them as 32-bit TIFFs.

The first one opens OK, but the other 2 give the error "Could not complete the request because it is not the right kind of document."

Very odd.

Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7-64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem  with raw and jpg..it shows my photos have 0 bytes but seems to work on the tech computer when i went to them to back up my files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got around this problem by opening image as raw, then resaving it under same name - hope it works for others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines