• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

could not complete your request because no sky was detected photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm having trouble importing my own sky photo files. I keep getting the message 'could not complete your request because no sky was detected'. I've looked online but have not yet found a fix. Very frustrating, wasting hours. I'm up to date version wise on both ps and mac. Ideas more than welcome. Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible and provide a clearer description of what exactly you are doing? 

Is the problem the loading of your own sky photographs or of applying them to an image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply.

It's both importing and applying my own sky image (png) on my hard drive to a photograph. I click the '+' to choose my own image and I locate desired file, click ok and then get the message 'could not complete your request because no sky was detected'. Ends there. I even tried locating the sky presets folder and adding desired files manually so they'd be available together with PS provided sky options, no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first screenshot a white Background Layer is selected and the other Layer is a Smart Object. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I don't understand the smart object bit. Please check the layers now. I duplicated the background layer in order to edit nondestructively. Can't see how either layer is a smart object, when 'kind' is clearly selected. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can successfully import and apply my own sky?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide the image for testing? 

Do the default skies work out? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting wise, I uninstalled PS and installed a slightly older version to check if it was a compatibility issue. I've also had a lot of difficulty working with 3D as my OS version is Monterey, which I have learned does not function well with PS 3D functions. As mentioned earlier, I even went into the presets folder, hidden away in library, and tried to add the png file that way, but it wasn't having it. Other files I select now, Adobe stock files in particular seem to be loading just fine. It was probably the png file I created myself. Thanks for your help and for the links. I realised that I don't have a lot of preferences saved as yet, but that everything gets wiped unless your keep with every uninstall.

Best for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

It's actually hit and miss, which file it imports and which it does not. I tried importing another jpeg from Adobe stock and I got the original error 'could not complete your request because no sky was detected'. It's buggy, and I don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, please find attached. How are either of my background images smart objects and how can I change their status to plain backround layers for editing?

I thought I'd try a different image (also attached: AdobeStock_685447) and it successfully imported it into the default PS presets, but once selected, it didn't load as the new sky. Something happened, I got further than before, please see attached screenshot of the current state of play.

I'll have a look at the links you sent and get back to you.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the default skies work out. The .png file was a texture I created myself, a composite of several others, saved as a png. It might be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off: Smart Objects are not a problem as the output creates new Layer/s anyway. 

The background seems to work fine here; the »No Sky detected …« warning should refer to the selected image, not the selected replacement sky. 

Could you please post a complete screenshot with the Layers Panel visible taken when the error happens? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I see.I thought the selected image and the the selected replacement sky were one in the same, that's how I see it from where I'm sitting.

After you rightly pointed out the smart object I rasterized that layer.

After my last post here, I came across a video on youtube where someone had asked in the comments section, if the import (new sky, not an existing PS preset) selected doesn't actually resemble a sky, but a texture (as in the case with me), will it then import, and the owner of the video said 'no, it will not', which would explain why some of my textures get imported and others not. That said, some of the images that I had successfully imported to replace the original sky did not in any way, resemble an actual sky, so, no further forward there.

Attached you'll find me attempt to import two of my own textures as replacement skies, and another (dark green) that was previously imported despite the fact that it in no way resembles a sky. No rhyme nor reason to any of it, yet.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have no problems with applying some non-skies but with some the import itself fails with »Could not complete your request because no sky was detected.«. 

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 14.04.16.pngScreenshot 2022-04-13 at 14.04.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what brought me here in the first place. Good to know it's not me.

Thanks for taking the time!

Best,

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternative workflow would be to just add your textures to your library and use select sky under the select menu. Then just use the selection to create a mask on your texture layer. No more fussing with the replace sky.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 10.06.42 AM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea Melissa, but I tried to add the textures in question to my library but was unable to save them all, weird I know. The latest update of ps (23.3) apparently improves sky replacement. Might be worth a go, currently updating.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you drag and drop layers? You definately shouldn't have problems adding the textures to your library as images. If you continue to have issues, reset your prefernces. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines