• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because the file name was not valid

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Photoshop CC latest version. Everything was okay until yesterday, I just updated Windows 10 to the latest version and there is no problem about Photoshop, it was working properly. After that I dragged and dropped file with extension .cdr (Corel Draw file) to the working Photoshop & then Photoshop just said could not open this file (like this, but I do not remember message precisely). I pressed Okay. And closed Photoshop and Started AI. Then when I tried to start photoshop again message pops up :

Could not complete your request because the file name was not valid 

After I press Okay another error pops up            

Could not initialize Photoshop because the file name was not valid 

I reinstalled Photoshop but It won't start. Other Adobe products works properly.And changed Photoshop file directionary but again won't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MedetBay,

We're sorry to hear about Photoshop not launching.

Could you please use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool ton uninstall Photoshop and do a clean installation and then let us know if Photoshop opens?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tool crashes as soon as it starts.
It's 2022, and the problem with Photoshop not launching because of the error mentoned above (stating that Photoshop "Could not complete your request because the file name was not valid.", followed with "Could not initialize Photoshop because the file name was not valid.") still exists, with no explanation and solution everywhere, for years!
Mine Photoshop got this error after I updated Windows from 10 to 11! I searched solutions sugestions for days, non of them helped so far!
What is the problem, please try to solve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I just meet the crash problem like you. I am using Windows 11. Did you know how to solve it? 

Really thank you.

Hope you have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marko25462067u3yi @Yvonne28813019tqrf have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset-preferences

You can also manually remove them outside of the application: Go to Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings and drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, those two solutions didn't work.

I can't open Photoshop when I hole ctrl+shift+alt, and I manually removed them outside of the application like you advised. It didn't work. I restarted my laptop but the crash issue still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unforunately it seems like your left with @Sahil.Chawla suggestion to uninstall, use the Cleaner Tool to remove corrupted resources and reinstall a clean build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I just did that and the issue is still there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Yvonne28813019tqrf you ran the CC Cleaner tool as well? Where are you installing Photoshop? The local C: directory (same as the Windows system files)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi!
Unfortunately, I still haven't solved the problem. I'm using online
alternative for ps now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines