Could not fill because there are not enough remaining pixels to fill the hole.

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having an issue where I'm getting  this message every time I click custom under Content-Aware fill:

Could not fill because there are not enough remaining pixels to fill the hole.  The change cannot be applied.

This is just one layer, a 45 megapixel size photo, the brush size is just 50 pixels, the selection size is a 600x600 square. Auto and Rectangular work fine. This feature works on my Windows PC but not my Macbook Pro M1 16". Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bruinrogue could you share a screenshot of your workspace and settings, it would help us to see what you are seeing. We get the error on our Macs and Win11 machines, so any other info you can share will help us figure this out with you.

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, the problem corrected itself. I don't know what I did but now I don't get the message. Hoping it stays that way but if it doesn't, I'll be sure to screenshot it. Very odd.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with using Content-Aware Fill - Custom option. When I select that option I get an error:

"Could not fill because there are not enough remaining pixels to fill the hole. The change cannot be applied".

Has anybody seen the same problem? Is it a bug?

Thanks in advance.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're most likely on the wrong layer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really. I even tried it on a flattened image. By the way, after restarting my MAC it seems went away, but on my PC it is still giving me this error. In some instances it can be helped by making the selection sugnificantly larger then needed before invoking the Custom option, but not always. There is definitley something is going on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines