• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could Not Open PS Due To External Disk Error

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried opening a raw file on my external HD today and got "Could not open "file name" because of disk error." 

No problem opening files on native drive and via LRC and LR.

Never had this problem before.

Went to mac system preference>security and privacy>Privacy>accessibility and Adobe Photoshop 2022 is checked. Then did the same except to Full Disk Access and Photoshop 2022 is checked.

Rosetta also checked

Permissions on Adobe preferences for read-write are correct. 

In finder>Go>Go to folder>Library>application support>Get Info: Read/Write is correct for system, wheel and Everyone.

Now I'm out of ideas.  Why can I access external HD files via LR or LRC>Photoshop and manipulate as needed? Why is this only impacting my ability to access with PS, the external HD  which is functioning normally in all respects?

Specs: MacOS 12.4. PS v23.3.2, Imac Studio with M1 Max chip.

Other Adobe apps, e.g. Lightroom, LR Classic, Indesign. Bridge and Apple FCP working normally with external HD.

I keep thinking it has something to do with permissions but I can't find any abnormalities. Any ideas out there.

Thanks, K

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you pick a problem file, drag it to your desktop, and then open it in PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho risolto il tuo stesso problema facendo nuova installazione di CameraRaw  da questo link  https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ken winston, did the suggestion from @Carlo247275128b7g solve your issue?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines