• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could Not Save File Because Write Access Not Granted.

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated both my operating system to 10.14 Mojave, from High Sierra then I updated to the new CC2019 from CC2018.

I am having trouble across other CC apps I use (photoshop and indesign) with editing files. Each time I try to save over with edits I get an error message stating 'Could Not Save File Because Write Access Not Granted' At first I thought it was just the file, but I keep having trouble even when I try different files on different apps. Is this a bug? ...or is there something that I can do to fix the issue

-Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Check the permissions you user ID has to the folders you are trying to write to.   It sounds like  you need to have better access rights.  You are being stopped by your user id file system permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Mojave issue. You will need to set permissions to the location you are trying to save to.

From Apple:

Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was about a 3 day window in between the time I updated to CC2019 where I was using Mojave and CC2018, I did not have issues during this 3 day time. Would you still consider this a Mojave problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your save location for read & write permissions. If you do not see your User account with Read & Write you'll need to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the permissions you user ID has to the folders you are trying to write to.   It sounds like  you need to have better access rights.  You are being stopped by your user id file system permissions

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 

how do i check my permissions

Penny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines