• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not use brush/eraser tool because of a program error

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently struggling with something that is making this program hell for me, and I haven't really seen anyone talk about it?? I've checked the forums and even YouTube and have found nothing. So I mainly use Photoshop for drawing, as I see others do, so using the brush and eraser tool is a big essential for me. However, now whenever I try to draw a line with the brush tool or erase an area with the eraser tool, it'll get rid of my progress and give me a message that says "Could not use the brush/eraser tool because of a program error." And when that's about to happen, it'll change my cursor too. I've tried so many thing whether it be uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my computer, restarting photoshop, resetting my tools, making sure caps lock is off, changing how much memory it uses, deleting a bunch of files for space, going back to earlier versions (I'm using the latest one right now), leaving it alone and letting it rest for a while and I have made no progress. Sometimes this error will go away, and I can draw peacefully for a bit, but then it'll come right back and I have no idea why. I'm frustrated to the max and need some help fixing this. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bump, got same issue here. Wacom One was working fine , getting this error since a week or two.... very very frustrating.

The problem only occurs when using the stylus, not when I draw with the mouse....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines