Crashing and feezing Photoshop 2022 - Windowss 11

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 2 weeks ago my photoshop would freeze and crash with older files that I have. Some open up but I am unable to work in them. Some crash right on the spot. Yes, my files are big, but that didn't seem to be an issue before, because I made the file on my computer and saved it at the size it was.

I am stuggling to find the sollution to this problem. My computer is relatively new, I bought it in January, it is a a Wacom Mobile Cintiq pro. My computer works perfectly fine except for photoshop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't work, a few other areas to look into:

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop. 
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Siena24397416nkm9 I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines