• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing when opening multiple images from ACR

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, lately I'm encountering a problem where Photoshop 2023 crashes when opening multiple images (more than 9 or 10) from camera raw. Photoshop will open a bunch of images, then hang and crash to desktop. If I open the images in small batches, I can usually load them up, but still experience some crashes to desktop. 

I'm working on batches of images and certainly prefer to get them into PS and work on them, simultaneously rather than having to open and save them out individually.
From a hardware perspective, I shouldn't have any issues at all:

I'm running PS 24.1.1 
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
OS build 22621.1265

Any insights would be greatly apprechiated! 

Thanks in advance,
Tom

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TomBPhoto 

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash. 

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Cory, I'll do that, sorry if I got this in the wrong place!

Kind regards,
Thomas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TomBPhoto how much scratch disk space do you have available under Preferences/Scratch Disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kevin stohlmeyer 

Currently 433GB on an m.2 drive, this should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me this sounds like the GPU crashing.Try to disable the GPU in Camera Raw Preferences (not Photoshop preferences), and see if the crashing stops.

Is this, by any off-chance, a laptop with dual graphics? If so, disable the integrated Intel GPU.

There is also a bad Nvidia driver version circulating (can't recall the version number offhand). It's been fixed and updated since, so try to update the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the NVidia driver issue info:

Engineering has identified a problem with this specific driver version. 

Vendor name: NVIDIA
Driver date: 2022-12-22 000000.000000-000
Driver age: 1 month
Driver version: 31.0.15.2802

Try rolling back from the latest drivers to the November release: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/194380/en-us/

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert @D Fosse 

Thanks both. I rolled back the driver, but this did not help. 
It's a desktop and I've got an Nvidia GTX980 running.

I disabled gpu support in the performance options and PS loaded a batch of images as it should do without crashing. Also loading .psd files in and then opening camera raw for arw files in the mix.

I'll try the latest driver just to see. Are there any other GPU settings in PS that might be helpful to change?

@CoryShubert I tried enabling crash reports also, following the command promt instrucions but I still don't seem to get anything pop up once the program closes, sorry I havent been able to provide one so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TomBPhoto_0-1677272323067.png

I got this message when using the latest driver 

TomBPhoto_1-1677272390681.png

I was able to open the 18 images from CR into PS without crashing, it just couldnt handle opening a bunch of .psd images and then crashed while triggering the loading of CR for the raws. 

Hope that information might be useful! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines