• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a sky replacement from a personal photo in Photoshop (Windows)

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several photographs of skies,  I would like to make a sky replacement using these but as a very weak user of PS, I have no idea how to proceed.  

Example would be a blue sky with cloud-virga.

Thank you

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

Which version of Photoshop are you using? The images you have are in which format? have you added them as presets? 

The Sky Replacement tool uses artificial intelligence-powered Adobe Sensei to replace the sky in your original image with a new one. Thanks to Sky Replacement algorithms, Photoshop can analyze and recognize the current sky and plug in any other sky you want. 

Please check out these articles to get the steps on how you can create your own sky presets and use them with sky replacement in different photos:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/replace-sky.html

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/sky-replacement.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You - I appreciate the advice and help -

I will follow the links - see what I can accomplish

Running Windows 10 Pro and Photoshop 22.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have found on the sideline, FWIW...
The default skies in...

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Sky_Presets\ seem to be duped to

c:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings\Sky_Presets\ , making almost 140 MB of dupes — disk space stolen by Adobe(?) 😞 Maybe this has to do with the Windows user system and there is "no other way"...

Removing them from the second folder makes PS unable to find them (even though they are still in the Required folder), but removing just the jpgs from the Required folder does seem to work fine.

IIRC, importing your newly made sky, it will go to the second folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

success - 

Saved the image as a jpeg, to desktop, then followed advice from the first link -- made new group and added the sky replacement image from the desktop

Thank You for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines