Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create mouse shortcut

Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm triying to create a shortcut for different actions in photoshop. My mouse have laterals buttons but I can't add it like a shortcut. Is there a way to create a shortcut for the mouse or it is imposible?.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What brand and model mouse do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logitech g203

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the G203 specifically, but it is a gaming mouse and has programable buttons, although as far as I can see, only a couple of them.  You need to install the Logitech G-Hub software.  With that you can record macros to specific buttons, but the easiest way would be to asign keystrokes to each button.  Use G-Hub to asign one of the Function keys to each gaming button, and then record short Actions in Photoshop that perform the task you want and trigger the Actions with the same F key asigned to the mouse buttons

These are the default Function key shortcuts in Photoshop.  I suspect not many people use them, so you can reeasign them to more useful functions.  

TrevorDennis_0-1637918747996.png

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yeah, util now I have been using photoshop using macros but I don't really
like it because some of the buttons get usless in other programas.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines