• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Preset From Duplicate Backround Layers?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to create a preset from backround stacking? I have 3 copies of my backround stacked, and to of the layers are fixed on camera raw filters. 

I've tried to replicate my amendments by using smart filters, but i cant get the same look

I'm new to photoshop and I've tried to search for help on google but cant find any.

Much appriciated if someone could help. 

help.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I have 3 copies of my backround stacked, and to of the layers are fixed on camera raw filters.«

There are two Smart Objects but no Smart Filters are applied to them so what do you mean? 

Please provide the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunatly the layers where not smart objects when I applied the camera raw filters. I've made them smart objects afterwards. 

So think of it as three normal backround layers, which two of them where converted to smart objects after the camera raw filter was applied. 

I've sent you an private message, the file is to large to attach here. 

Best Regards,

Daniel 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Daniel5EEE wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunatly the layers where not smart objects when I applied the camera raw filters. I've made them smart objects afterwards. 

So think of it as three normal backround layers, which two of them where converted to smart objects after the camera raw filter was applied. 

I've sent you an private message, the file is to large to attach here. 

Best Regards,

Daniel 

Thank you for the effort, but that file would not be very useful anyway. 

That you applied the Filter destructively makes it unlikely to be able to reproduce the exact same results and in the future you might want to prioritize working with Smart Filters right away. 

When I have to reproduce Filter or Adjustment results that have been merged and I have access to the original image/layer I usually convert a copy of the unedited one to a Smart Object, put in a Group, add a Layer Mask that reveals several relevant sections of the underlying edited layer and apply the Filter/s and add the Adjustment Layer/s. 

With the Camera Raw Filter this would not provide a live preview unfortunately but it allows to compare the effects on the whole and individual channels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines