• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a brand new eraser brush

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create an eraser brush so that it has the eraser icon in the top right corner of the brush box? I know how to use a brush as an eraser, but I want to create a collection of eraser brushes and be able to see the eraser icon and use it as a permanent eraser rather than having to change the brush settings to clear all the time.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have been an issue for some time. Perhaps the information in this thread may be of assistance:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/can-t-make-eraser-from-last-brush-use...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a preset shape and go Edit > Define New Brush Preset.

image.png

Select the Eraser tool and select your new preset — or select the Eraser and Ctrl select an existing preset.  This will prevent that preset switching tools.  You now have the Eraser with your selected preset

image.png

Now right click inside the document window > click on the wee cog icon and choose New Brush Preset

image.png

Make sure Includee Tool Settings is checked

image.png

And you now have a preset that will switch to the Eraser when selected (note the icon on the right. (see note below)

image.png

Note: I like to work with all of the brush preset options turned on.  It's Show Additional Preset Info that brings up the tool icon (if there is a tool associated with that preset.  As stated above, even if there is a tool associated with a preset, Ctrl selecting that preset will force Photoshop to retain the current tool.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines