• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Script to Add Channel Names and Registration Marks

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at a screenprinting business and we have recently started using a new software/printer to create screens and the software does not place our preferred registration marks or channel/ink names so I am hoping to find a way to do this in Photoshop and bypass the other software. 

I found an older post with script that would add the channel names to the channels.  I was hoping to be able to adjust things, but I am not very familiar with Java so this may be something simple but I have no idea how to make it work. 

My goal is to create a script that will add a registration mark centered at the top and the bottom of the artwork, with the name of the channel placed beside it, as closely as it can be. I cannot have the channel name text placed above or below the crop mark, and having it aligned to the edge of the palette is not ideal either. Ideally, the registration mark would be centered, and the text would be placed to the left or right of it.

I only need one registration mark at the top and one at the bottom, it isn't necessary to have the ones placed in the corners.  

Thank you to anyone that can help me figure this out! 

Additional information:

Photoshop version 24.1 (

Running on Windows 11

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shaina4CompetitiveInk – Please upload a before/after PSD example to clearly illustrate your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I'm getting what you want, there would be two ways to do this. One is expand the canvas on your file and add the registration marks, the other is use a template and paste your file into a preset bounding box. Are you using an imagesetter and generating film to make your screens? I've used imagesetters before to output film, and they had presets that could be added to a file for things like registration marks but obviously that doesn't help with channel names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines