Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an action

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am batch cropping a load of thumbnails but sometimes it doesnt catch the subject. Some of my thumbnails the point of focus from a 16x9 is to the left, so the action is set to the left. Is there anyway within the action photoshop could somehow detect what it think would be best for a thumbnail?

As you can see I would much rather it have caught his face but the action was set to be a little to the left becuase the thumbnail before hand was a character

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ryan28754702257b what you are asking for is machine learning analytics which isn't available in Photoshop currently. There is a solution called Face Crop - a third party plugin that can identify faces and crop accordingly.

https://pixnub.com/face-crop-plugin/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suppose one VERY crude approach would be using the High Pass or Find Edges Filters to determine regions of considerable detail and use those as the center of a crop center. 

An Action would probably not suffice for that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines