Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CRLogTransport.exe ?

Advisor ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is this CRLogTransport.exe program installed with PS and LR and that is constantly accessing the network and consuming bandwidth ?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this morning a fairly sizable (and unaccounted for) chunk of outgoing data and used Sysinternals' TCPView to track it down to CRLogTransport2 (after an exhaustive boot-time malware/virus/root check).

A bit of investigation turned up that it was probably Adobe's machine learning feature, wherein some nice big files are written to <%appdata%/Adobe/CRLogs> and then uploaded. Super awesome news for those of us on hard-cap metered connections.

You can disable it on the Privacy section of your Adobe profile page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not that simple. Opting out doesn't help. Please have a look at this thread on the feedback forum :

Any way to stop CC apps from creating huge files in CRLogs folder ? | Photoshop Family Customer Comm...

The "ICACLS" workaround I suggested works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That link takes me to a list.  I think it needs updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines