• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop 1px x 1px Crash

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the Crop tool and I write 1 in both fields something happens and the program lose the preview of the project. I need to press "ctrl + z" to go back and see it again. 

If I write 1000 px in both fields - it works as it should. Well, we enter proportion there and should work in case of 1 x 1 as it is easier to write

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont add a unit of measure in the dialog (px) - that is cropping down to a single pixel.

Instead use the preset:

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1677854116843.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as a crash, setting 1x1 pixel (which I agree seems silly but is doable), no crash on this end, on Mac. 

Reset your preferences and try again. 

Losing a preview isn't a crash! Is your system crashing? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I write 1 x 1 in ratio option (I don't have 1x1 ratio drop down in drop down menu - version 21) Nonetheless a beginner might try to put 1 x 1 which is logical as this is ratio crop.

As long as the value is not 1 x 1 it works. May be in new versions this problem is resolved which makes it comenting useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@vladimird31054633 you do not have a unit of measure anywhere correct? There still should be a dropdown option for "square".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines