• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop fixed size in pixels not possible in PS?

Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a hard time finding out if this is possible. I have always cropped in photoshop freely but now I need that all the images have the same crop 1500x1500 pixels a fixed crop window where I can move this crop around the image (the images are 7500 x 6000 or bigger) . Whatever I do if I enter does dimensions it does not matter if in ratio or WxHxResolution I always get an aspect ratio size. That means those 1500x1500px are not locked. If I type it on ratio it fills the canvas to crop a 1x1 aspect ratio (the whole canvas that is much larger than those 1500 x1500 px I want. I don't want to drag it smaller or bigger I just want a fixed crop of 1500x1500px inside the image.

If I do WxHxResolution I also don't get what I want. I get a final image of 1500x1500 image of whatever crop I do. Much worse as it does interpolation.

So does this simple option is not available in photoshop ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

I would using the Rectangular Marquee Tool set to Fixed Size

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

The Crop Tool is intended for deliberate cropping, if you want to eliminate the possibility for manual scaling you could use the Rectangular Marquee Tool at »Fixed Size« and then invoke Image > Crop. 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 10.35.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would using the Rectangular Marquee Tool set to Fixed Size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Crop Tool is intended for deliberate cropping, if you want to eliminate the possibility for manual scaling you could use the Rectangular Marquee Tool at »Fixed Size« and then invoke Image > Crop. 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 10.35.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I was really going crazy trying all the options in crop because if you want to crop that't the place where you go by intuition. Sometimes Photoshop walks away from intuition and you have to think outside the box. Marquee , fixed pixels and then image crop. It does the perfect job.

Maybe they didn't want to put it with the crop tool as it is already quite confusing for many users and to add another option (fixed size crop inside an image) would be to add a new option. In my opinion it should be in the crop options but in any case thank you. Problem is solved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do this on a regular basis, it is possible to automate the interactive creation of the selection and crop using an action or script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines