• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop snaps 25 pixels at edge

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am cropping while in the image I can move the crop lines in approximately one pixel increments.

However at the edges, left, right, top, bottom if I move the cursor it won't go from 0 to 1 to 2 pixels, it goes from 0-25.  Same thing going the other way, it goes from 25 to 0.  I actually need to crop at about 3 pixels in from the side.

How do I keep the tool from snapping those 25 pixels?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you can check in preferences snap settings also turn on grid to snap to points....regards 

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Didn't find anything in preferences.  However there is snap configuration in the View menu.  That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Youā€™re correct, the snap options are in View > Snap (to toggle) and View > Snap To (to set what Snap applies to).

But there is one more useful tip: You might want to take advantage of the Control key. When you hold it down, it temporarily reverses the current Snap setting. For example, maybe you like to use snapping most of the time, but it gets in the way when cropping. If you hold down the Control key while adjusting the crop, it will disable snap as long as you hold down the key. Snapping will resume when you release the Control key.

That means you can either leave Snap To disabled and hold down Control when you want to snap a drag; or you can leave Snap To enabled and hold down Control when you donā€™t want to snap a drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines