• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop tool does not show crop handles on image

Advocate ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to get the 'handles' back, similar to the transform handles, that used to appear around the imagle when I selected the crop tool. There is nothing now, no evidence of crop other than the crop tool shows as the cursor and I have to marquee select the image which I do not want. I simpy want the old way, to  select crop tool and handles appear around the image so I can crop the image. Also, as it is now, I can select content-aware, but when I marquee select the image the 'content aware' becomes unavailable and unchecked. I have looked everywhere but obviously am missing something as I am not able to restore the crop tool to its old 'natural' behavior. Can someone help me with this please... TIA,  Ken

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Ah, I unchecked the box that said "use classic mode" I thought for sure I would want to be using classic mode but apparently not... Yipee the tool is working properly now. AND, the reason I am going through weeks of recovery now with almost every tool is that I trashed preferences and now trying to re-build all of my preverences back to where I had them before the trash, which did not solve my original problem, but I digress and go back to work now. Thank you everyone for quick replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Have you reset the Tool yet? 

Is View > Extras checked? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I unchecked the box that said "use classic mode" I thought for sure I would want to be using classic mode but apparently not... Yipee the tool is working properly now. AND, the reason I am going through weeks of recovery now with almost every tool is that I trashed preferences and now trying to re-build all of my preverences back to where I had them before the trash, which did not solve my original problem, but I digress and go back to work now. Thank you everyone for quick replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So where is this box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 17.04.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the handles are now placed on the outside of the crop frame. That means you won't see them if you have floating windows, until you drag a corner to expand the window.

If they really are totally missing, I have no idea. That would probably be a GPU issue. Is the "Disble Native Canvas" checkbox still around in Preferences? That should revert some functions from Metal to the old OpenGL code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it now and thank you... I unchecked "use classic mode" which was checked somehow, I have no idea, and anyway, that fixed the problem. I'll leave this post as it may benefit someone else down the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines