• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS2 NO LONGER WORKING PURCHASE OF NEW PHOTSHOP VERSION.

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using CS2 since 2010 on an 18"  AW Sony Vaio laptop for photo editing etc. All fine but CS2 has now stopped working. I uninstalled it,and reinstalled it but it now requires reactivation which is no longer possible? (I understand). Is there any way around this problem?  

All help appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There's no way around the activation issue as the activation servers have been shut down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reply. As I thought.

CS2 satisfied all my editing needs (mainly flowers and portraits). I understand that there are now two versions of Photoshop available (CC and CS6). CC seems to be full of features which I may never use. Is CS6 a more simplified version which may be more suitable for me?

I use Imageprint for printing. I intend to buy a new laptop and connect to an external monitor for editing. I assume I can use CC or CS6 on a laptop?

Ian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 has not been sold by Adobe for many years, so be very careful if you're considering purchasing it, I would not recommend going down that road.

https://prodesigntools.com/dont-buy-adobe-software-on-ebay-craigslist-or-amazon-marketplace.html

You could try Photoshop Elements, which is non subscription.

https://www.adobe.com/ie/products/photoshop-elements.html

There's also the Photography Plan which is a subscription but includes Photoshop and Lightroom for €12.29/month.

https://www.adobe.com/ie/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

If you do digital art there's https://krita.org/en/ which is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ian moore 

In addition, you can get a 30-day trial of Photoshop Elements to see if it meets your needs. If it does, watch for Black Friday specials, which may or may not come up around Thanksgiving. 

Photoshop has a 7-day trial which rolls into an annual subscription if you don't cancel.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane and Ged. Great help. Have tried Elements but not quite to my needs.

Can I ask if Photoshop CC works on a laptop ok (Windows 10 Home Edition)? It is my plan to connect an Eizo monitor to my current laptop and edit images on the monitor whilst keeping the main Photoshop window on my laptop.

Also,I have previously saved 120 actions (made in CS2) on a separate back up drive in atn format. I assume I can load these saved actions into the CC action panel ok?  No technical issues?

Ian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ian moore 

Have you read/noticed my PM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Tom,but haven't had a chance to try this.

Ian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ian moore wrote:

I have Tom,but haven't had a chance to try this.

Can you post what Tom sent you here in this thread so we can evaluate it? He is not part of the Community Experts program. It may or may not be good advice, and it is very unusual to offer advice by PM in these forums.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Tom posted:

Photoshop CS2

Here you find the official version from Adobe, you can activate with a key without connection to the server... [link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer offers the no-activation CS2, please do not post these links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the PM from Tom, @ian moore. I've asked staff to review it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I foolishly purchased CS2 because I am fed up with the constant unneeded updates to mycurrent subscription and was happy with CS2 when I had it. But as noted not finding a way to activate it. Did you in fact find a dolution?? [ Email address removed by Moderator ] Obviously I am a fossil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to update. Turn off Enable Auto Update in the CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I foolishly purchased CS2 because I am fed up with the constant unneeded updates to mycurrent subscription 

By @docqs

CS2 has not been for sale legally for a long time, so if you just purchased it then you have a pirated version. The activation servers for CS2 were shut down in December 2012 so you will not be able to activate it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's time to move up to Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… Can I ask if Photoshop CC works on a laptop ok (Windows 10 Home Edition)? …

By @ian moore

Yes, you can ask.
😉

And yes. Normally Photoshop should also work on the laptop. But be sure to check the system requirements before buying! Above all, a separate graphics card is very advantageous. (For example: All versions of Photoshop CC ran/are running on my Windows 10 laptop).

…  Also,I have previously saved 120 actions (made in CS2) on a separate back up drive in atn format. I assume I can load these saved actions into the CC action panel ok?  No technical issues? …

By @ian moore

This should also not be a problem. However, some actions may have to be adapted to the new version. In this case, however, you do not have to recreate them completely, but only re-record partial steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. It is indeed time to move up to CC. 

My laptop is Windows 10 ,system requirements seem fine with the exception of the RAM which is only 4 GB but I can ensure that there is plenty of space in the scratch disk.

I probably would like to buy a new laptop ( with better RAM) but they are now all Windows 11 and there seems to be lots of issues using CC with Windows 11 at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Ian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can have RAM added to your computer. Its going to be almost unusable with just 4GB, which is barely enough to run Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all advice. I am on the point of obtaining CC and upgrading my laptop to provide the necessary RAM.

But,as a last measure,I emailed (Link removed ) which I understand is Adobe Customer Care. They have recommended buying Adobe CS6 with a perpetual licence,and have provided two links to enable me to do this.

CS6 is compatiable with Windows 10 and requires less RAM (4GB apparently should be sufficient). 

However I thought CS6 was no longer supported. Also I was not told the cost of the perpetual licence.

It may be it is more economic to go down the monthly subscription route with CC even if I have to buy a new laptop.(which will be connected to an external monitor).

Has anyone gone down this route of buying CS6 with a perpetual licence?

Ian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be very careful. The mail address that you've posted isn't a official mail address from Adobe. I've delete the link to this address.

Adobe doesn't use addresses with the outlook.com domain. 

CS6 isn't officially available for several years. I've you buyed on such mail addresses you get an pirate copy. It isn't a official license that can be activate through Adobe.   

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking to a scammer. Report the messages so that Adobe staff can deal with that person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Such "Care Outlook dot com" emails are usually spam or phishing email addresses.

Please never give out personal information this way! Where did you get this email from? Were you contacted by private message? You could then please report the user to the Adobe phishing site.

some useful official Adobe links on: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/security/alertus.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a different way to report a spammer who sends a PM. In the message window, click the (almost) hidden ellipsis and then click "Report as Inappropriate". There are three ellipses in the message window — the correct one is beneath the Trash can with no words to identify it.

ADBD2ABA-A8AE-429A-9428-FC1210AB2634.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ian moore gotta love your tenacity to stay off Creative Cloud, but it seems you've drawn unwanted attention to yourself. At this point I would ignore all communications via DM and face the reality that Creative Suite is dead and no longer supported. There are no (legal) ways to purchase and a better, safer route may be to look at the Creative Cloud Photography Plan or Elements.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/campaign/pricing.html

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/buy-elements.html

Hopefully you did not engage with the scammers contacting you or else I would also start running antivirus on your machines or worse yet watching your bank accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines