• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 installation from original CD

New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to re-install photoshop CS5 from my original CD but I get a message telling me there are unspecified installion problems has anyone any suggestiosns as to a possible solution?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What version of MAC OS do you have, can you post a screenshot of the error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple has made changes to macOS and CS5 will not run at all on Catalina or later. Please answer Ged's question about which macOS you have.

@malcolms8171859 wrote:

has anyone any suggestiosns as to a possible solution?

There are two possible solutions:

• Install CS5 on an older computer with an older macOS (no newer than High Sierra)
  • Update Photoshop to a version that will work on your new computer.
    Most plans are annual. There is a Photography plan (annual), payable at $9.99 per month
    https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

You did not say if you are reinstalling on your old computer or if you just purchased a new computer.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thank for the reply....in answer to your question I am running Mac OS Mojave on a late 2017 iMac. The reason for the need to reinstall is that up until a few months ago CS5 was running perfectly but for some unknown reason it now keeps crashing immediately after opening...hence the need to reinstall from the original disc. I have also checked my account with Adobe and downloaded CS5 from the Adobe site. I still get the message unable to install......any ideas?

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@malcolms8171859 wrote:

macOS Mojave on a late 2017 iMac.

Try resetting the Preferences:

• Quit Photoshop
  • Hold down Cmd+Opt+Shift+Ctrl and keep all four keys down as you launch Photoshop from the Dock (Choose "Open" from the shortcut menu that will come up)
  • If you did this correctly, you will get an alert asking if you want to delete Preferences. Choose Yes.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this might be hard to swallow.  But you should be using the current version of the Creative Cloud.

There have been so many updates since CS5...  and many of these updates will allow you to work more effectively and will increase your workflow.

Another reason to switch over is that not all computers support the older software.  Sorry... that is how it is. 

On top of that, subscribing to the Creative Cloud give you access to all the updates and fixes.  Get all the new features when they are released.  It is a win-win situation.

I know that is not the answer you are looking for.... but CS5 was released in 2010 I believe.  That is now 12 years ago.  There have been so man y advancements!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines