• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cs6 not working with higher osx

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello please can you help me? i have a learning disability and have had adobe photoshop student edition cs6 for years, now i have had to upgrade my macbook and have tried to put it on there but it says it wont work because its 32bit. all i can see on your website now is subscriptions which i cant afford to do, do you not just sell the software anymore or have an upgraded version of photoshop that will work with higher osx?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Affinity Photo if you are loooking for a one-time purchase photo editing tool in the vein of PS. It's only 70 dollars. Adobe these days really only offers subscriptions and similarly from a technical point of view there is no way to make your CS6 work reliably on current Macs simply because Apple have long ceased to provide the necessary underpinnings in OS X.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The installer is indeed 32 bits but if you boot into an older OS (pre Catalina), you can install and then run that older version of Photoshop after you reboot into the newer OS. 

You can also look into Photoshop Elements (one time perpetual license purchase).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines