• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CTRL N to create a new document takes 5+mins to action - latest update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to latest version and now when I try to open a new document its taking minutes like 5+ before it does anything!?
Any ideas? making life unworkable!

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.5.1 20210907.r.441 de74e1a x64

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

We’re are sorry for the trouble. As you’re seeing performance problems while opening a new document. Please try to update Photoshop to version 23.0 through the Creative Cloud app.

Would you mind sharing the version of operating system you’re on? Are you trying to open the document from internal drive or external drive? Since when are you experiencing this problem? We’re here to help, just need more info. 

You may try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance menu. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.
Here is the article for the steps:https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/performance-preferences.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Tarun - some more details below for you - this is after updating to the very latest version as you suggested

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.0.0 20211013.r.36 623993d x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.19042.1288
System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:8, Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 6
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 3394 MHz
Built-in memory: 16321 MB
Free memory: 10452 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 12033 MB

I did check on the graphics processor and that is already switched off - however it is now giving me an error saying it doesn't like the graphics card so I wonder if that is it - but if its already switched off not sure why that should still matter. Currently telling me that the driver is 13mths old and should be 6 mths (no driver updates though have checked that) and also that it needs VRAM of 1500mb and I have 1032MB

I will look into the graphics card issue incase that is it - but seems a large VRAM amount either way and its not like the PC isn't man enough for it 

Do you think its the graphics card causing it? as it is still happening even with the later version - its a little bit quicker

Oh and I am not opening a certain document just trying to CTRL N ie a brand new blank doc - so not internal or external - I have created a blank PSD file that I use to circumvent this issue until I can get it resolved as I CTRL N loads in my business to copy and paste and insert screenshot etc etc so its a big slow down for me 

Any other thoughts appreciated 

thank you for your reply 
Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind telling us the exact name and the manufacturer of the graphic processor? 

Could you please try resetting Photoshop’s preference and let us know if it helps https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

You may want to backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. Please check this link for steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the graphic processor is

NVIDIA GeForce GT 710

and quite rightly lists 

HasSufficientRAM:      0

GPU accessible RAM:                 1,032 MB

Required GPU accessible RAM:        1,500 MB

I have purchased 2GB chip to replace this in the hope that it resolves it - although the PC is not that old so I am surprised this has been an issue
Interestingly though the CTRL N is working straight away currently a few restarts in PS - once i get the new card I will see if I can get it to link to the card and see what that does
Very curious though
Sarah 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. If you find this problem again in the future, please feel free to reach us. ^TS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines