• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current Photoshop (23.0) and Lightroom Classic (11.0) no longer compatible with MacOS Mojave

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it's not a surprise that the most recent releases of Photoshop and Lightroom are no longer compatible with MacOS Mojave. Personally, I stay with the most stable release MacOS I encounter for as long as possible. I only upgrade when absolutely necessary, since every new release of MacOS features a bunch of new bugs. For example, Monterey users have experienced issues with USB hubs no longer working after upgrading from Big Sur. What might work great in someone else's environment might not work in mine.

Does anyone actually know for sure that there are actually API compatibility issues with the most recent Photoshop releases and Mojave? Or is Adobe just being cheap, er lazy, I mean, not willing to do the testing for older OS versions?

And just to short-circuit one follow-on discussion... I don't care what Apple's end-of-life policy is. I don't agree with that either.

Has anyone been able to do anything tricky to get the most recent releases to run on Mojave? Would running a Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey VM be an option?

Thanks for reading

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loved Adobe for Lightroom so far, I hated them in an instant. How could they do something so terrible to their clients. Without any warning, Mojave users will lose access to the update !!! After all, CreativeCloud has always been a guarantor of updates! My Mac cannot update to a newer OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a total rip off to pay for something that I had access to, that I no longer do because I can't update my laptop. I am a photography student and need these programs for school. Very disappointed in Adobe for doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines