• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor Issue

Guide ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can notice this cursor takes 'I' shape and around it a soft square. When cursor enters into the text box the soft square turns into soft circle. What is the reason for that? In the tutorial in both region soft square is retained. 

11.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hover the Type Tool inside a path then the I beam cursor displays a circle around it to signify you can type inside of the path without the type spilling out of the path boundaries.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-type-effects.html#create_type_along_or_inside_a_pat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MahaB82A 

I can't find an image from Photoshop. This is from Illustrator, which has a few more choices than Photoshop, but many are shared.

• The iBeam by itself is for editing existing text
  • The dotted lines, whether in a circle or rectangle, mean you are about to create a new text object
  • The one you are asking about is an iBeam inside a dotted-line circle, meaning you are about to create Horizontal text inside a path.

janee_0-1679696701902.png

This image was posted in the Illustrator forum here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/what-do-the-illustrator-cursor-symbols-mean/m...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines