• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Curvature pen tool missing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new curvature pen tool is not visible in the pen tool menu.  How does one access it?  Am I missing something?  The menu I see is different from the photo in the new features web page.

Joe

The menu I see in Photoshop 2018:

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 8.00.46 AM.png

Screenshot of the menu on the Adobe help page for the pen tool:

Draw with Pen tools in Photoshop

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 8.04.07 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

jml2035  wrote

........  How do we make the Curvature Pen tool appear in ALL workspaces?

The problem can occur if you bring across a custom workspace that included the toolbar settings. It will not have that tool in the group.

Go into your workspace.

Then edit the toolbar (click on the three dots) and in the Customise Toolbar dialogue move the tool into the appropriate group (or if you prefer just click on Restore defaults . Then click Done.

Then save your workspace.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that 2018 has downloaded. Sometimes if you do a general update of all your apps, PS sometimes doesn't update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Photoshop 2018 I'm using.  Doesn't make any difference if I open it from my applications menu or from the CC menu.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 9.04.09 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found a solution: I went to window-workspace and changed my workspace to 'essentials' and the tool appeared!

I hope this helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does work!  Problem is semi fixed.  The tool disappears in all my custom workspaces.  You listening Adobe?  How do we make the Curvature Pen tool appear in ALL workspaces?

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If changing the workspace doesn't work, does resetting the pen tool's preferences work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jml2035  wrote

........  How do we make the Curvature Pen tool appear in ALL workspaces?

The problem can occur if you bring across a custom workspace that included the toolbar settings. It will not have that tool in the group.

Go into your workspace.

Then edit the toolbar (click on the three dots) and in the Customise Toolbar dialogue move the tool into the appropriate group (or if you prefer just click on Restore defaults . Then click Done.

Then save your workspace.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  That worked perfectly.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I updated ps and launched it through the Creative Cloud desktop application, but cannot see the new curvature pen tool!!

Ok I found a solution: I went to window-workspace and changed my workspace to 'essentials' and the tool appeared!

I hope this helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, no Curvature pen Tool in 2018. I've tried all suggested solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesn't work. none of these things work. I need to draw a curve sometime this century. why don't I have the curvature pen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

victoriapersephone  wrote

this doesn't work. none of these things work. I need to draw a curve sometime this century. why don't I have the curvature pen?

Hi

Can you confirm first the exact version of Photoshop that you have installed - go to Photoshop > Help > System info and copy the first line or just press the copy button and paste here

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967  x64

I'm having same problem here....can not get the curvature pen tool to show up after doing all steps noted here. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curvature pen tool is in 2018, not 2017. Update PS to 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick replay Chuck! That makes sense...BUT in my creative cloud drop down it does not show there is a 2018 update available...the one I posted above is the most recent PS update available in my CC drop down menu. Any idea why?

Thank you,   Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The update will only show if you have an OS capable of running it. The minimum requirements are here:

Photoshop system requirements

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK that makes sense....I need to update my Mac software - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no curvature pen tool in 2017?  I can not find it. I'd rather not update in the middle of a project to the latest version of PS and get stuck in Adobe Hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The curvature pen tool is in the latest version . CC2017 does not have that tool

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct…I am in the same boat, I want the tool but not worth risking getting stuck with Adobe update issues. But my other issue is that I can not access the 2018 update (that has the tool) until I update my Mac software…that always causes headaches… so I am going to have to wait until I have minimal projects going on - bummer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have the 3 dots on my interface...dots.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines