• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Curves in History Tab / Gradationskurve im Protokoll

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Einen wunderschönen guten Abend / Good evening everyone. 

I would like to see every change to the gradation curve as an extra step in the history window that I can switch back and forth between the changes with F1 or CMD + Z. That was still possible until recently. Unfortunately, I had to delete my presets and now the log only creates one step, no matter how often I pull the curve. Can someone help me there? That would be awesome.

Ich würde gerne jede Änderung an der Gradationskurve als extra Schritt im Protokoll Fenster sehen, dass ich mit F1 bzw. CMD+Z  zwischen den Änderungen hin und her schalten kann. Das ging bis vor kurzem auch noch. Leider musste ich meine Presets löschen und jetzt legt das Protkoll nur einen Schritt an, egal wie oft ich an der Kurve ziehe. Kann mir da jemand weiterhelfen? Das wäre stark.

MacOs Monterey 12.0.1

MacBook Pro Mid 2015

Photoshop 23.0.1

Beste Grüße M

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

I cant use cmd+z. I mean it don t work as well. I just updated PS and its still the same. It was a good point to try with other adjustment layers and only the curves has problems. everything else is still possible to swich back and forward with shortcut in history. 

just now i found a solution. if i change the curve and click one second time into the dragging point i can switch between the last changings i did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @photocope 

It's working for me. Two things to check:

• In the Edit menu, what does it say your shortcuts are?
    janee_0-1637710979613.png

• In Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts, is "Use Legacy Undo Shortcut" enabled or not?
    janee_1-1637711138624.png

Also, what version are you using?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for yorur help. I tried both. checked bock with legacy undo and unchecked. Both didnt work out for me. Attached you can see what i mean. 

MacOs Monterey 12.0.1

MacBook Pro Mid 2015

Photoshop 23.0.1

Best wishes M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @photocope 

Keep "Legacy Undo" off. I just wondered if it might be on.

When you go to the Edit menu, what does it list for the shortcuts? (Cmd+Z is what works here for Undo and not F1.) Is the issue only with the Curves adjustment layer or with everything?

Is this new after updating to Monterey? If so, it may be a Monterey bug and needs to be reported to the engineers. Also, PS 23.0.2 was released yesterday. See if that helps.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I want to make sure that everyone is talking about the same thing, because I'm afraid it is not the case.

Are we talking about the curves adjustment, or a curves adjustment layer?

@photocope do you want several entries in history if you adjust the layer several times in a row (adding and moving several points create several Modify Curves Layer?) The only way I can get that in Ps 23 is to commit the change by targeting another layer. I cannot remember if it was different before, and do not see a toggle for it in the history panel settings, and the behaviour you might want would run out the history in a few seconds.

On my machine, I can toggle the last change in the curves (both adj layer, and regular) with CTRL+ALT+Z, as I have legacy undo unchecked. I think that the "back and forth" in your first message might be confusing with the toggle last state behavior, instead of back and forth clicking in the history panel.

What I cannot get is several entries in history if I make several changes in a row in the Adj Layer curve.

@jane-e Did you mean you can get several states, or that you can toggle the last change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im talking about any kind of curve. before i can adjust the curve. and with one step back i didn't reset the curve but just go back to the last adjustment of the curve even there is only one step in history. If i have more then one dragging point its still possible but not with only one at the beginning.

I just found out if you click again inside the dragging point you can go back and forwards again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant use cmd+z. I mean it don t work as well. I just updated PS and its still the same. It was a good point to try with other adjustment layers and only the curves has problems. everything else is still possible to swich back and forward with shortcut in history. 

just now i found a solution. if i change the curve and click one second time into the dragging point i can switch between the last changings i did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @photocope 

I'm glad you've found a solution and thank you for reporting it, as it will help others who search. 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines