• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data Sets in Photoshop CS2

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to learn about scripting in Photoshop CS2. By starting, I just want to import variable data into Photoshop, following the help instructions, however am having heaps of issues.

I'm using the Image > Variables > Data Sets > Import option.

My data looks like this..

Variable1
Ben
David
James
Mark

but when I try to import the text file, I get this error message...

"Could not parse the file contents as a data set. There were too many variable names in the first line of the text file."

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent 3 hours using above examples plus those from other theards like: Data Sets and still can't use a .txt / .csv file with more than only one column ie. variable name in first line, while values in next line(s). For ex. this one column sample works:

Numbers

one

two

three

but this doesn't work:

Numbers, Names

one, lorem

two, ipsum

three, dolor

when I use tabulator instead of coma it doesn't work too:

Numbers     Names

one     lorem

two     ipsum

three     dolor

Other combinations with tab / comma delimiters don't work too whatever used in .txt / .csv file (obviously ASCII encoding)

I used all available examples (they work for everyone), watched videos and was on Adobe tutorial. ...let's focus just on this:

a, b

1, 2

or

a     b

1     2

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Here are step by step how I tried it to make it done from beginning to the end:

• I created new photoshop document / opened already existing
  • I added normal / text layer (as it doesn't work for background)
  • In Variable Type panel of Image/Variables/Define I selected 'Layer 1', filled 'Visibility' box, then in 'Name' field I typed: a
  • I switched to 'Data Sets' and clicked 'Import' button. Used 'Automatic' Encoding, left unfilled available boxes (however tried combinations with filled too), selected file (.txt / .csv) and after clicking 'OK' button each time was getting alert: "Could not parse the file contents as a data sets. There were too many variable names in the first line of the text line"

If I use a file with just one column, so variable and value(s) it works, but why I can't use more than one variable / values though EVERYONE with given solution can. What I am doing wrong?! (I can script it but want to understand what's bad)

I'm using CS6 Extended on Windows 10 if that changes anything. Can someone send me .psd and .txt / .csv file they works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I thought that 'Create a new data sets based on current sets' in 'Data Sets' should be clicked after importing data from file. It's why it didn't work. But I'm not sure why I missed it? Maybe that was so obvious no one clearly stated it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

I have this txt file that works with CS5 and CS4 but not CS6 - created with gray white black eyedropper for a curve layer :

0;0;0;131.147859922179;125.961089494163;121.540856031128;255;254.992217898833;254.517509727626;25;30;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you use it, what you exactly do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum....

Difficult to explain with translators (Google) except in French

I have this page in french !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked of relation to this topic, not what you need it for. So how do you apply that text line of .txt / .csv to Image / Variables?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult for me: it is far and not very clear - I apologize

function extraitSauvegarde()
{
  Sauvegarde1 = Sauvegarde1.split(";")

for ( i=0; i<32;i++ ){};
}

function litSauvegarde()
{

pipN_R=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[0]);
  pipN_V=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[1]);
  pipN_B=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[2]);

pipG_R=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[3]);
  pipG_V=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[4]);
  pipG_B=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[5]);

pipB_R=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[6]);
  pipB_V=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[7]);
  pipB_B=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[8]);
  opCourb=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[9]);
  opTon=parseFloat(Sauvegarde1[10]);

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't get what it has to do with this topic, maybe someone else understands how it corresponds to Defining Data Sets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"could not parse file contain as a data set .data set 11 was incomplete "

what t is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it's an old thread but I just want to provide some information for upcomer.

You shouldn't have more variables in csv file than in Photoshop. So you should clean your csv before import.

Save csv file with comma as the separator. 

Don't put csv files in a non-English directory or network storage.

Don't have any other symbol in the first line except the comma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines