• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DCS file issues

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files saved in Photoshop as DCS 2.0 files (.eps) are not opening back up correctly. Files are all saved as multiple spot channels.  When opening them back up to make edits, the file opens as an index file with very tiny demintions. It appears to behave corectly when placed in a AI doc. Does anyone know how this can be fixed or is it a photoshop bug in the newest patch.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. The only work around I've found so far is to save my new DCS 2.0 files without the preview image. When saving as DCS 2.0, in the dialog box that pops up, select "None" for the preview. This will allow any new files being saved to avoid the index thumbnail issue. Unfortunately this is only good for new files. If anyone has a solution for fixing older files, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm gonna guess it's connected to another current bug with the latest PS update related to EPS format, where PS is reading the low-res preview of Illustrator EPS files. There, too, if they were saved without a preview, they would open fine. I just tried doing the same with a DCS file and it is indeed opening only the low-res preview... it will work if you select Photoshop DSC 2.0 in the Open dialog...but double/clicking on a file is out for now...so either roll back or wait for a bug fix release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines