Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Defining Layer X/Y Position of Layer from Excel Spreadsheet

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to generate multiple variations of an image from an excel spreadsheet which has different combinations of text as well as coordinates to define x and y positions of an layer.

I am familiar with the "variables" functionality to import large sets of text data apir with images, but I am wondering if there is a similar data driven functionality to define x and y layer position for each unique combination.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Cross-app workflows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe there is positioning option for variable just scaling and fitting for pixels replacement layers. Only pixel layers and texts layer replacement is supported other types of layer only their visibility can be changed.  Here a link you may want to read.  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-data-driven-graphics.html 

A Photoshop script can read a CSV file the read X,Y positioning and it could align layers to the X,Y points.  You would need to design the process  for the script need logic to know which layers to align and how you want layers align to the X,Y points. You would need to code the scrip to implement your designed process.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: NO, there isn't built in feature to define layer's X and Y position using data sets.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post an example Excel file?
What exactly are you planning to set the x, y coordinates (center of the image, topleft corner, etc.)?
How does the table record map to the layer? (search by name?)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines