• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

delete to background stopped working

Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of the box coming up with choice of foreground, background, or content-aware,  when I select and press delete, nothing seems to happen except in the history 'clear' appears.

If to work around this, I go to edit and choose 'content aware fil' then I get the weird screen shown and new layers are created.

If I close and reopen CC, no difference.  If I try to update and click open on the result, nothing happens.  

In the midst of a big project and now progress stopped.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Shift + Backspace or Shift + F5 will bring up the Fill dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't try the suggestion because I restarted or rebooted the computer and the problem went away.  Now a new problem.  When I open anything, a crop appears around it that I don't want automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the layer isn't simply labled background, and isn't a true background layer? Does this happen with all files? If you open another JPEG file, make a selection, and hit the delete key, does it work as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines