Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted Photoshop library cannot be recovered

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have accidentally deleted a library which contains all of my smart objects - days of work - and I can not find a way to recover it.

I have checked in my deleted files and it is not there. I have gone through all my libraries online and the files are not there. I have read plenty of forums and followed all instructions but unfortunately I am not sure what went wrong.

My question is - Can adobe search and see if those documents are still saved/archived in their servers and can they they recover them for me if they are?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

This is for everyone still looking for an answer to this thread. 

My deleted adobe library was recovered. 

Heres the story. Back in June, 2020 I was frantic after I realized I deleted my clients Adobe Library. This library easily had hundreds of hours worth of collective work from my team. This was not deliberate on my part, but rather miss understanding with the adobe stock asset website. On stock.adobe.com I was puzzeled to see my clients library contain zero items. (Later I would understand whe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Although you mention checking deleted items , it is not clear exactly where you looked.

Have you tried going online via the CC desktop app > Files >View on Web menu

Then looking in "Deleted"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did. It says I have no deleted files.

I followed the link that appears in some related discussion threads too, lead me to the same location where has nothing.

However,  the CC web interface has my latest library which has no use to me, and my previous libraries. It has dozens of libraries, just not the one I deleted. And there's nowhere I could find the 'archived' option.

Unbelievable, how can a company like Adobe make deleting a whole asset so easily and recovery of it so hard.

Thanks,

Doros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Window > Libraries in Photoshop. The Libraries Panel opens. Using the Panel Menu, see if they show up there.

Be sure to check all Libraries you created.

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.51.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gener7​, thanks for the tips. I tried what you suggested, unfortunately it is exactly the same as what I saw on the web interface.

And it still says there's no deleted items.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 04.59.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see if this guide helps (presumably you are using Windows) because your files are stored locally as well as in the cloud.

How to Recover a Deleted File: The Ultimate Guide

If all else fails, see this forum: File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Customer Care would be after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for the links, I am using a Mac though. Could not search the library or the smart objects for some reason.

I am checking the forums at the same time. Hopefully something will work.

Cheers,

Doros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doros! Did you find a fix for this? I'm in the same predicament 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to follow up to see if this has been resolved? I too have encountered the same issue. Please let me know if it has been resolved dorosp6744769

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for everyone still looking for an answer to this thread. 

My deleted adobe library was recovered. 

Heres the story. Back in June, 2020 I was frantic after I realized I deleted my clients Adobe Library. This library easily had hundreds of hours worth of collective work from my team. This was not deliberate on my part, but rather miss understanding with the adobe stock asset website. On stock.adobe.com I was puzzeled to see my clients library contain zero items. (Later I would understand when viewing your libraries on stock.adobe.com it will only display saved or purchased stock items.)  So when I saw an empty library, I assumed it wasn't needed, so I deleted it from the stock website. When I returned to Illustrator I realized my clients library was missing (deleted). After my sinking heart started to pump again I took to the interet to see if I could find answers. I read forms and perfored every suggestion I came across. Checked the online "deleted" section. Looked into backup drives on my hardware (which was a promissing solution but I neglegted to backup frequently). I worked with adobe support, created tickets and had phone calls which ended with reduntat suggestions and a guy who hung up on me. 

So how did I get my deleted library restored. I went to social media. On facebook I sent Adobe a direct message. I wrote about my situation, stuggles, and hoped they would help. In my luck, the marketing team at adobe read my message and they stepped up. They had a call with their developers and were able to manually restore my clients deleted library. They too agreed that library restoration should be a feature for the users. It was never mentioned they would role this out as a feature in newer updates, but I hope this can be useful for anyone reading this who finds themselves in a simular situation as myself. 

Recover Library Assets from a Backup Drive
If you are great about performing backups, your in luck to get your library assets restored. For Mac users using time machine you can locate your library assets on your external drive at:
/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/LIBS/1010101010101_AdobeID/creative_cloud/dcx/101010101/components

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same exact thing just happened to me also through Adobe Stock. There should be a better way...hours of work, gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved the day @Rum-Dog !!!!! Thank you for the backup location tip - have spent days searching with no luck and found your post tip buried here - this worked for me. Fantastic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, can you explane what to do whit this file? i mean, how can I import it in photoshop again? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines