Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design uploaded low quality on Facebook

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I will try to be short and clear.

I've been doing social media designs for a mental health client and most of his brand colors are bright one. When they upload the design I've made and I check it on social platforms and zoom in I find the text looks pixelated and like there is distorted box around it making the design looks ugly when zooming in. I've uploaded some designs just to see how it looks like.

I am using 1080*1080 or 1200*1200 res 72 - color mode: rgb: srgb. and I export the design from "Quick Export as" Png 24.

*The Design looks good before it gets uploaded on internet. Thanks for your time, everyone.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @abdon44496373. Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll clarify this for you.

Most social media platforms have their compression methods & it is likely to compress & degrade the quality of your output.

You can save the outputs in PNG instead of JPEG to save some quality.

You can check these similar threads for other suggestions. A very recent one: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/how-to-get-sharp-images-on-facebook-l...

A slightly older thread that points to a third party resource: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/facebook-changing-low-resolution-images...

Let me know if it helps. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sameer K,

It seams that OP is exporting as PNG!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sameer KHello Sameer, thanks for your reply, actually I am exporting my design in PNG format and JPEG is a lossless type which means it is not meant to be used on web. I know that facebook and other platforms tend to decrease and compress the size of the image, but it is so annoying like I am also using the recommended sizes like 1:1 ratio and so on..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the look on Facebook?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AbamboHello, Idk if it allowed, but you can take a look at the post's link on facebook, this is one of the examples. https://www.facebook.com/alexrecoverycenter/posts/pfbid026i9qUJYf1UVdA9Aaogk8PJxaWjvuZtQyDybbz6LEVZe...

Some people told me it maybe a colors problem due to the bright colors, I don't face low quailty or anything in dark designs but this client 99% use bright colors like blue, green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow Facebooks recommended image dimensions & bandwidth specs to the letter. If you optimize your images for the web beforehand, you'll get better results.

Facebook profile picture size: 170 x 170 pixels (on most computers)

Your Facebook profile picture will display at 170 x 170 pixels on desktop. But it will display as 128 x 128 pixels on smartphones.

Facebook image sizes for cover photos: 851 x 315 pixels (recommended)

• Display size desktop: 820 x 312 pixels
  • Display size smartphone: 640 x 360 pixels
  • Minimum size: 400 x 150 pixels
  • Ideal file size: Less than 100KB

Tips

• To avoid any compression or distortion, upload a JPG or PNG file.
  • Use the recommended pixel sizes for the fastest load times.
  • Profile pictures and cover photos with logos or text work best when uploaded as a PNG file.
  • Don’t drag to reposition once you’ve uploaded your cover photo.

Resource: Get more tips on creating great Facebook cover photos.

Facebook timeline photo and post sizes:

Facebook automatically resizes and formats your photos when they are uploaded for the timeline to be 500 pixels wide and to fit the 1.91:1 aspect ratio.

But avoid pixelation or slow load times by remembering these sizes:

• Recommended size: 1200 x 630 pixels
  • Minimum size: 600 x 315 pixels

Tips:

• If you are sharing 2-10 images in your brand’s Facebook post using the carousel display, images should be 1200 x 1200.
  • This is a 1:1 ratio.

Facebook event cover photo image sizes: 1200 x 628 pixels (recommended)

Tips

Facebook image sizes for panorama or 360 photos:

Tips

• Facebook automatically recognizes and processes these images based on “camera-specific metadata found in photos taken using 360-ready devices.”
  • Files for these Facebook images can be up to 45 MB for JPEGs or 60 MB for PNGs.
  • Facebook recommends using JPEGs for 360 photos and ensuring files aren’t bigger than 30 MB.

Facebook image sizes for Facebook Stories: 1080 x 1920 pixels (recommended)

Tips

• Facebook Stories take up the full screen of a phone. That’s an aspect ratio of 9:16.
  • Don’t choose an image with a width smaller than 500 pixels.
  • For Stories with text, consider leaving 14% of the top and bottom text-free. (That’s 250 pixels.) That way any call-to-action won’t be covered by your brand’s profile photo or buttons.

Facebook image sizes for ads:

• Sizes for Facebook Feed ads: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Minimum size 600 x 600 pixels. Ratio 1.91:1 to 1:1. Maximum file size of 30 MB.
  • Sizes for Facebook Right Column ads: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Minimum size 254 x 133 pixels. Ratio 1:1. (Remember: These are a desktop-only ad format.)
  • Facebook image sizes for Instant Articles: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Ratio 1.91:1 to 1:1. Maximum file size of 30 MB.
  • Image sizes for Facebook Marketplace ads: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Ratio 1:1. Maximum file size of 30 MB.
  • Image sizes for Facebook Search: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Minimum size 600 x 600 pixels. Ratio 1.91:1 to 1:1. Maximum file size of 30 MB.
  • Facebook image sizes for Sponsored Messages: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Ratio 1.91:1 to 1:1. Maximum file size of 30 MB.
  • Sizes for Messenger inbox ads: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Ratio 1:1. Minimum size 254 x 133 pixels. Maximum file size of 30 MB.
  • Sizes for Messenger Stories ads: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Ratio 9:16. Minimum width of 500 pixels.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OSheaHello Nancy, thanks for your tips and valuable information. I am mostly using all the sizes like 1080*1080 and 1200*1200 but the problem with this client maybe from the colors and I don't have exclamation for such thing and how to fix it. You can take a look at the design on their fb page. https://www.facebook.com/alexrecoverycenter/posts/pfbid026i9qUJYf1UVdA9Aaogk8PJxaWjvuZtQyDybbz6LEVZe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The desaturated model on a white background doesn't give you much to work with. But I'm not seeing any distortion or unsightly pixelation. It looks about as expected for a web page.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines