• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Device Preview Removed?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Device Preview was an extremely useful tool that I used often. Why was it removed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017
Here's an official response:

Photo of Stephen Nielson

Stephen Nielson, Group Product Manager

Yes, Device Preview was removed from the latest version of Photoshop. We always try to avoid removing features unless absolutely necessary. In this case, it was necessary to improve the performance of Photoshop, as well as focus our development efforts on higher-priority needs.

If you are on macOS, I would recommend you try out the free Skala Preview app as an alternative.  The client app is available for both iOS and Android: https://bjango.com/mac/skalapreview/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And once again, please take the time to sit back and think of how Adobe promised us that, yes, the CC program forces us into a higher price for our software, but from now on upgrades will be so much more frequent and contain so much more features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am asking related to Dreamweaver only. On 11/16/2021 a note was posted by Adobe saying that device preview was discontinued across all Dreamweaver platforms. Is that permanent for Dreamweaver? Hopefully not. It is a hugely helpful tool for monitoring (on my iPhone) what my page changes actually look like on my iPhone vs. an inadequate desktop display on my computer for "smaller displays" that does not scale down to an actual phone size screen. The feature has been ingenious on Adobe's part to include.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines