• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dialog pop-up boxes not showing up in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where my dialog boxes are not showing up (trying to "save as", resize canvas, literally anything that has a popup where you have to confirm something) so it appears as if photoshop is frozen waiting for me to select something in the dialog box. If I hit the esc key, the missing dialog box will flash for a second but then disappear and photoshop "unfreezes." I fixed this once by exiting out of photoshop entirely, but now its starting up again.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Photoshop forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your system specs? I have issues with boxes not going away and it's a Mac problem on my old iMac. Could it be your computer?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have the exact same problem! Resetting preferences does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical problem. Resetting preferences did not help. This is very frustrating, please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. I'm getting terrible sick of all the glitches lately, these programs are pricey and they should work like butter. But one problem after another with no fix. This is putting a serious cramp in my workflow. HELP Adobe please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Very, very frustrating. Happens every day. Please address this. I have lost many files from not being able to save due to dialogue boxes simply not being drawn until the enter key is pressed, which usually closes them with around 2/100ths of a second worth of visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue. It's now June 22, still nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! We need a solution ASAP please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I hit the esc key, the missing dialog box will flash for a second."

> When I had similar things it was because I had just installed Windows. Some windows would open to my "second monitor," which is really my TV that is usually off. However, with what you describe here I guess it's a different problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac user, not Windows, so that's not it. Also, I have to active monitors, both on all the time. HOWEVER, having said that, I'm using my Macbook Pro in Clamshell mode... maybe that's the issue? The dialog boxes are showing up on the Mac (which  is closed)? Hmmmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Macpro and the Esc totally helps, thanks Mate! @Signfeld 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Macpro and the Esc totally helps, thanks Mate! @Signfeld 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue, I'm using a Mac Studio with two screens, this is very frustrating and woul expect Adobe to respond, as it is 11th August 2022. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me and it's now August 31. Come on, Adobe, this is ridiculous. This issue needs to be fixed already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try : Preferences > General > check: Use legacy "new document" interface.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! So far so good antway. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem, this does not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue, this did not work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11/2/2022 does anyone have a fix for this yet? This just started happening to me randomly today, have never had the issue before. Have to click enter or escape for the box to suddenly appear for a split second and disappears - not able to save or close things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this issue is not resolved for me and is getting pretty old frankly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this issue, but it's infuriatingly intermittent. When it happens, it really makes PS useless and I end up force-quitting and restarting PS because more often than not, I have a few separate files open (usually temporary files that I'm using to copy things from or use for color matching, etc.) and I haven't found a way to quit PS normally without being obligated to save the various open (temp) files once the dialog window disappears--and I typically don't want to save these files because they are either copies of existing files or are files I've already saved previously, but due to toggling layers in them, PS wants to know if I want to save such "changes". I don't. I just want to work on my images and not get disrupted by this insanely aggravating bug. Someone from Adobe really ought to respond here with what is going on and how much longer it will take to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines