• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between color swatch/es and palette/s?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a beginner in photoshop and I'm kinda confused between this terminology. From my understanding till now, these two terms seem to be interchangeable with respect to Adobe products, but my question is- are they really interchangeable or there is some difference between them?

It would be great if you could give a visual example and comparative definitions while answering this question. Thank You.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the Adobe help already?

Use the Color and Swatches panels in Photoshop

In the color panel you create new colours, wich you then can save for later use in the swatches panel. Thanks to the format .ase you can export your Photoshop swatches to Illustrator or InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if after four years the question is still accurate, but if someone still looks for an answer : a Palette is made of Swatches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatch_(disambiguation)

• In painting, the word means a sample of color designed to show the actual dried result of applying certain paint(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you helped me so much! Kinda a hard thing to google (atleast for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines