• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Differences in size betwen an image visualized on photoshop and on finder?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I've been working on some banners and I've realized that when I'm working on them in photoshop the proportions are smaller than when I open it in finder or in the web browser?? It's annoying mostly because they look worse in the "correct" size, obviously. Does anybody know why this happens?? It's somehting related to the screen or it's something wrong? :S

This (on the left as seen on photoshop, on the right in finder):

photo5911327875519330407.jpg

Thanks!!!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

It's because you have a retina screen. Photoshop is the one that displays it correctly.

Consumer-oriented viewers/browsers scale up 2x linear dimensions when they detect a high-resolution screen. They do this so that everything will display at roughly the same screen size as it would on a traditional screen.

This is the industry-standard workaround to ensure the same material can be used regardless of the screen technology the user happens to have.

In Photoshop, 100% has nothing to do with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's because you have a retina screen. Photoshop is the one that displays it correctly.

Consumer-oriented viewers/browsers scale up 2x linear dimensions when they detect a high-resolution screen. They do this so that everything will display at roughly the same screen size as it would on a traditional screen.

This is the industry-standard workaround to ensure the same material can be used regardless of the screen technology the user happens to have.

In Photoshop, 100% has nothing to do with size. It means one image pixel is represented by exactly one physical screen pixel. To replicate the browser behavior in Photoshop, View > 200 %. This maps one image pixel to four screen pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines