• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different results between express.adobe.com automatic background removal and Desktop Photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tons of images I want to remove the backgrounds from which is why automation is key. The desktop Photoshop client provides the quick action remove background which does a subpar job (it misses a lot of areas around the subject) compared to the results of https://express.adobe.com/sp/tools/remove-background . Why is that? Shouldn't those 2 tools be quite similar when it even says "powered by Adobe Photoshop"? Is there a way to tune the desktop client tool to give similar results as the online one? Ideally I want to use the desktop client because of the batch-processing feature.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "desktop Photoshop client"? If it's Photoshop Cc, what version exactly (not "latest" please!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh sorry, I am using 23.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick actions are not the only way to do things, IMHO they are a "Photoshop Elements Like" addition to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines