• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different windows of same document with varying layer visibility

Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to open two windows of same document in Photoshop to do comparison of two layers. I want this to happen.

Window 1 - Layer A is on, layer B is off

Window 2 - Layer B is on, Layer A is off

How can I do it without creating a new copy of the same document? If I create a new window, the layer visibility gets controlled in both of them simultaneously.

I am using CC 2018 version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

You can have two views of an open document at different zoom levels but because it a single document the layers that are visible will be the same in both views. It is a single document can not have two different document states. What you do in one window will be reflected on the other window it the area is visible in the window not scroll out of the window.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have two views of an open document at different zoom levels but because it a single document the layers that are visible will be the same in both views. It is a single document can not have two different document states. What you do in one window will be reflected on the other window it the area is visible in the window not scroll out of the window.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ai can have different layer visibilty settings per document window. Why is this not available on PS yet?

It could for instance show one layer comp on one window while working on another layer comp in seond window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines