• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DIGITALISING A PAINTING

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a graphic for my clothing brand using photoshop. I was wondering if there is a way to remove the background but keep the more faded effect around the edges as a png. Or even replicate the painting digitally to make the colours more prominent and less pixelatedIMG_2297.JPG.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you talk about clothing that implies actual printing, so the file format png should be a non-starter. 

Have you talked with the print shop about the data they need yet? 

Will it be silkscreem or something else? 

What will be the color of the textiles? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be printed by DTG on a black tee. A high quality png of the artwork is all that is needed. However I only want the arms and head while still keeping the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that process prints white? 

Who creates the white »underprint«? 

A combination of Blend Modes, Blend if-settings, Groups, … can be used for something like this. 

It does little more than Luminosity Masks but it maintains editability for the image in the Smart Object without having to redo the Layr Mask/s. 

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 12.00.21.pngScreenshot 2022-12-30 at 12.00.29.pngScreenshot 2022-12-30 at 12.01.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simplest way I can think of is to add a layer mask on the image and use a brush tool to remove the areas you dont want printed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that will screen print well. I'd run a test as-is, make separations and screens, and try it before going any further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics This isnt screen print its DTG which is basically a glorified inkjet style printer Direct To Garment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I missed that detail. I've heard that there are cost and durability concerns compared to traditional screen printing. This would not work as a logo design, it could be printed but that's going to be limited too. Traditional screen printing is most effective with large color blocks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer wrote:

@Lumigraphics This isnt screen print its DTG which is basically a glorified inkjet style printer Direct To Garment.

Do you know how white is handled in this process when printing on a black garment? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how is the white underprinting determined for something like the OP asked for – fairly bright colored content that is supposed to fade out onto the dark garment? 

I suppose the print shop may just do what they feel most prudent (and having experience they may well provide as good a result as reasonably possible) but the result may be hard to predict. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think he's going to have a bunch of problems with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds plausible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a rough mock-up of the project, I opted to just go for a solid graphic. Any tips are appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 19.06.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines