• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable color management Epson SC 900

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a really tough time finding this dialogue box in the Print Settings of the of the Photoshop Print Settings dialogue box. Mac OS 13.5.1  Photoshop 24.7  Epson SC 900. I cannot disable the Epson's print color management system without this toggle in "Media type," whereby I disable the toggle "Use printer settings". If anyone knows where to find it I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 5.59.21 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

The problem with many Mac printer help articles is that they are no longer accurate, because they were written before Apple redesigned the Print dialog box, which was I think in macOS 13 (2022). Many of those help articles have not been updated.

The first thing to do is make sure you have downloaded, directly from Epson, the latest printer driver compatible with your version of macOS. Do not assume that it’s good enough if macOS was able to automatically set up the printer right away. This is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lwmsmd I'm afraid I dont understand this sentence, if you see different options - please post all screenshots inline in your text using the image button (above your reply)

you wrote: "I cannot disable the Epson's print color management system without this toggle in "Media type," whereby I disable the toggle "Use printer settings". "

Cannot you select any media under media type? 

Did you try looking under the advanced color settings section for the part you seek? 

Once you go through to "print settings" Photoshop hands you over the the printer driver software, so this is probably an issue you'll need to take up with the printer manufacturer's support.

Surecolor P600, right?

Epsons manual https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd41370.pdf

shows ths:

Note:

In certain programs, you may need to select Advanced before you can select Printer Settings.

For more information about printer settings, lick the? button.

You see these settings:

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 12.43.41.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 12.44.13.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 12.44.29.jpg

checkout the manual on the link above

Photoshop usually communicates with the printer driver to disable printer color management. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here with my Epson SC-P900 on MacOS 14.2.1 with the latest Epson driver (13.08). When printing I want  Adobe PS to do the Colour Management. But how to disable colour management of my SC-P900 in Apple Print Settings? Such an option seems nowhere to be found?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jmv15440831_0-1707385761111.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with many Mac printer help articles is that they are no longer accurate, because they were written before Apple redesigned the Print dialog box, which was I think in macOS 13 (2022). Many of those help articles have not been updated.

The first thing to do is make sure you have downloaded, directly from Epson, the latest printer driver compatible with your version of macOS. Do not assume that it’s good enough if macOS was able to automatically set up the printer right away. This is because macOS may install a more basic version of the printer driver without all of the pro options. Also, if you remember adding the printer software yourself and the AirPrint version was selected, that has been another cause of missing pro options, for at least ten years (see The trick to finding the right printer driver for your Mac — Macworld article).

Again, to fix either of those problems, download the latest driver directly from the Epson web site to get full options.

If you already installed the latest version, here is how things should work:

1. First, in Photoshop make sure you set Color Handling to Photoshop Manages Colors. Because for recent printers that have software written to coordinate with macOS and Photoshop, just selecting that option may disable printer color management for you, as you will see and as NB, colourmanagement net wrote in their reply. 

2. When you click Print Settings, you leave the Photoshop code and enter the macOS Print dialog box code and the printer driver software. In there, the options in the picture below should tell you the state of printer driver color management. On more recent printers like the P900, setting Color Handling (in the Photoshop Print dialog box) to Photoshop Manages Colors should have already disabled color management in the printer driver software. If the printer driver is old enough that it doesn’t take advantage of the more recent coordination among Photoshop, macOS, and the printer driver, Color Mode will still be available, so then you can manually set that to Off (No Color Management) if it isn’t already. Note that if you have the correct printer driver version, expanding Printer Options and clicking the (i) icons for Color Matching and Printer Settings should reach the proper settings to check.

So it’s all still there, just rearranged.

macOS-Print-dialog-box-no-color-management.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks a lot, Conrad, for this very helpful answer!

Today I had an excellent telephone-session with the Epson helpdesk, which ensured I got the right driver. I had the impression I had installed the latest, but MacOS 14.2.1 had rejected it and indeed enabled a much simpler driver for my P900 (v3 rather v13.08). After uninstalling the printer and re-installing using the latest driver from epson.sn I did get the right version. This indeed works as you decribe: choosing PS to manage colour automatically disables colour management of the printer.

I was planning to share this after my bigband repetition. It was a happy surprise for me to find your reply.

Thanks again!
Jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines