Disabling Welcome Screen in Photoshop 2022

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I find the "Welcome to Photoshop" screen sort of annoying, in the way, distracting, just more clutter, etc. --- I'd like just a plain screen. When I go to Preferences, General and try to get rid of it but clicking off the "Auto Show the home screen" nothing changes. I restart, same deal. Does anyone have any suggestions! Thank you so much!

Alison

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS-- The other thing that is happening is that when I try to show "Tools", the Welcome screen pops up, but the Tools remain wherever they are hiding.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to open an image, close it and then exit Photoshop (all with the box unchecked of course).

This happened to me once, but it eventually stuck. Haven't seen the home screen since.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines