Exit

DISTORT "equirectangular to polar" works but then cannot do the opposite

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone...

This is my first post ever.

I am using PS 22.5.1 in a Mac to erase a tripod base from a 360 panorama... I start by doing FILTER/DISTORT/"equirectangular to polar" and everything goes fine... Once I have edited the photo I cannot do the opposite to save the equirectangular photo with the changes... PS doesn't distorts from polar back to equirectangular... Are you having the same problem?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That doesn't sound good. Please have a look at this video and let us know if it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRtUcW6itRY

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks Sahil,

Indeed, the procedure he starts describing in minute 6' is exactly what I have been using.
The problem is that once I have performed the fixing the new App version of PS (22.5.1) doesn't work for distorting back from "polar to rectangular"...
I mean, I get the tripod removed but cannot return to equirectangular to save the new image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screenshots to illustrate the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

It's much better illustrated with the video posted by Sahil. Go to minute 6'.

Imagine the guy going through all the process until editing the image perfectly... finslly, he does FILTER/DISTORT/"polar to rectangular" but the software doesn't go back to rectangular projection...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Just walked through the steps and it worked as expected, v.22.5.1, Mac OS 11.5.2. Would it be possible for you to share screen shots of your steps so we can see if anything else is happening? Happy to look into this further as a fellow VR shooter, so please let us know.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines