• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do Photoshop have portable version?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seen before some dicussion on adobe photoshop portable.

Yet I am unable to locate any official information on this product and it licensing.

Anyone can assist to advice?

[Link removed by moderator] Calvyn

Your Digital Marketing Trainer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Hi

Be careful. There was a hacked version called Photoshop portable a few years ago. It was just that - hacked and potentially full of malware.

Photoshop CC is available for Windows and MacOS.

There is also a version available for the ipad Pro. It does not do everything that the Windows and MacOS versions do but files can be shared between them.

Finally there is Photoshop MIX which is a separate app for mobiles, available from the App store and Google Play.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

"I am looking for genuiene copy which not require to install"

Adobe do not make such a version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Be careful. There was a hacked version called Photoshop portable a few years ago. It was just that - hacked and potentially full of malware.

Photoshop CC is available for Windows and MacOS.

There is also a version available for the ipad Pro. It does not do everything that the Windows and MacOS versions do but files can be shared between them.

Finally there is Photoshop MIX which is a separate app for mobiles, available from the App store and Google Play.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

Yes, most of the portable I see online is sort like nulled copy.

I am looking for genuiene copy which not require to install and can put in USB pen drive.

Your Digital Marketing Trainer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am looking for genuiene copy which not require to install"

Adobe do not make such a version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I hadn’t heard about that hacked version. 

If I remember correctly when the iPad version was released it was announced that an Android version is in the works – but without a timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop "portable" is a well known hack. It's pirated and illegal, end of story. This isn't the first time we've heard about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we near the midpoint of the 21st century, I can't help but wonder why a portable version that requires online authentication hasn't been developed yet. This type of version would only function with proper authentication, thereby preventing any unauthorized access. This would eliminate any possibility of piracy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware of Photoshop for iPad? 

Not that expecting such an app to perform everything Photoshop proper can would seem reasonable to me for the time being. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/gr_en/photoshop/using/photoshop-ipad-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I don't have an iPad. And the portable version I can install on a flash drive will allow me to access it from any available computer. This is not at all the same as the iPad version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the complexity level Photoshop is on now, this is totally unrealistic/unthinkable.

Photoshop version 6 from 25 years ago was the last one that would run off a flash drive, but that's a very long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! It appears that I have overlooked this problem. Although I have a good recollection of Photoshop version 5, I have been using version 6 extensively and have taken all the enhancements for granted without considering the program's growing complexity. Thank you. I'm off to mourn in the corner...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Online authentication on any computer is how the Creative Cloud apps for desktop and mobile already work. Any time you are in front of a random computer that meets the system requirements and you have admin access to, you can install and online activate Photoshop on that computer.

For example, you can install Photoshop on any number of Windows or Mac computers you want. The limitation is that only two of those installations can be activated for your account at any time, and that activation is, as you said, online authentication. As long as a computer has Internet access, you can easily deauthenticate the installation on one computer and authenticate another computer at any time so that the two computer limit is not exceeded.

So the online authentication part is not the obstacle, they have already had that in place and working for years. The real obstacle is Adobe has chosen not to make the application fully portable. It is partially portable in that you can have it install on a volume other than the C drive. But it is not totally portable in that the Creative Cloud background processes are still installed and run from the boot volume, and user configuration and preferences are still installed and retrieved from the user account folder on the C drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! I appreciate your suggestion, but unfortunately, it's not exactly what I need. As part of my job, I travel to different locations and have accounts on various computers. However, I'm restricted from installing third-party applications due to corporate administration rules. Luckily, I can use portable versions of some programs. Although I have access to the internet, my account on the hard drive, and a subscription to Photoshop, I'm unable to utilize it fully. Seeking permission from the system administrator to install third-party programs can be quite challenging. But, as of now, it seems that obtaining an official portable version of Photoshop would be easier than getting administrative approval.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your challenges are understandable, that is why I made sure to mention needing admin rights. However, it is unclear when Adobe will allow a portable version of Photoshop. For example, one of the many Creative Cloud background processes manages Adobe Fonts, which are made available to other applications on the system, therefore it operates integrated with the system.

Because we do not know if Adobe ever plans to make a portable version of Photoshop, the closest thing available to you right now is the public version of Photoshop that runs in a web browser. That could run on any computer where admin rights are restricted. However, the web version of Photoshop has a very small subset of the full desktop Photoshop feature set.

If you need a bigger feature set than the web version of Photoshop currently offers, it will have to be a different photo editor that does not have so many dependencies that are tightly integrated with the operating system at the admin level. Fortunately, there are currently a very large number of inexpensive/free/open source photo editors out there, and some of them also run in a web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't Photoshop the best editor? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't Photoshop the best editor? 🙂

By @vladzinch

Not for word processing.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(...) As part of my job, I travel to different locations and have accounts on various computers. However, I'm restricted from installing third-party applications due to corporate administration rules. Luckily, I can use portable versions of some programs. (...)

By @vladzinch

I'm baffled that they allow you to run programs from a stick. My IT wouldn't, and I agree, for once, with such a restriction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sysadmin works in mysterious ways... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sysadmin works in mysterious ways... 

By @vladzinch

Sysadmin works in dangerous ways…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines