• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dodge and burn, work not being retained.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  

I have been stuck on a frustrating issue where as I am burning skin on a beauty image, I move to the next area and the area burnt previously reverts back to how it was before I burn it.  So effectively, I am achieving nothing.  

I have been two hours with Adobe, have updated systems, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted and the issue continues.  Have checked my storage on computer it is all fine.  

Please help!!! I have work to do and not getting anything done 😞

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best non-destructive way of doing this is to put an additional layer above the image and fill it with 50% grey, then select Overlay blend mode. You can then use dodge and burn at a low value to lighten and darken parts of the photograph. Finally using transparency to fine tune the layer. You can flatten the image and/or output it to (say) a jpg for use of the photograph as one layer elsewhere 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, 

Thanks for your response.  I think its a glitch.  As I burn, the brush is doing exactly what I want it to do.  When I lift my finger off the mouse and move it to the next area I want to burn, when I push the mouse button to begin burning again, the previous patch that I burnt dissappears.  

Warmest Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post a screen-recording or screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines