• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does adobe Photoshop for iOS device compress or process image files natively on the device itself?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does adobe Photoshop for iOS device compress or process image files natively on the device itself?

Does Adobe Photoshop for iOS device compress or process image files natively on the device itself, or does it upload the file to adobe servers over internet for compression. 
I don't want to let any of my image files or documents leave my device for compression or conversion. 

if adobe Photoshop for iOS does not serve my requirement , is there any other software app for iOS which does image processing and/ or compression natively on the ios iOS device itself without uploading?

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image are automatically saved as cloud documents. I do not believe there is a save  menu.  Your default IOS app store images locally on your devices and backup and share in your iCloud. As will most Apps in apple app store. There are IOS apps the can read and write files in your PC and Mac files systems. Are you sure you want to use a mobile device as your image storage repository. I can see you wanting to keep you image in your own private domicile but an IOS device is not very safe and are fragile.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every image opened in Photoshop for iOS, regardless of format, is converted to Photoshop cloud document format (.psdc) for immediate upload to Creative Cloud servers so that it can be opened on any device. This conversion and upload is unavoidable, although you can always export to a different format when you’re done. Compression may be applied, but it is lossless, so no quality is lost.

@Suyash5E5D wrote:

is there any other software app for iOS which does image processing and/ or compression natively on the ios iOS device itself without uploading?

Depending on the formats you want to edit, you could look into Affinity Photo, RAW Power, or Snapseed. There are many more, but those are some I’ve tried. But research them first: Although some keep your files locally, some still convert before editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines