• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anybody know how to make a face really detailed like this?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, my second question here. I've also been wondering how the two examples that I have attached is so detailed. I've been trying everything to "Camera Raw Filter", and inside of it I used "Texture" and "Sharpness" but none of them really seem close at all compared to the attachments. Can anyone help me with this? I would also really appreciate it. Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No secrets. It starts with a good sharp lens, correctly focussed, and good lighting.

In camera raw you have clarity and texture sliders but you can't bring out detail if it wasn't captured.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all that, and would like to add that lighting is more important than most people realize. They accept the results of on-camera flash because of the convenience, but it's horribly flat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with all of the replies, I now understand. But since I'm still kinda new to Photoshop you explained that "lighting is more important than most people realize." Is there any way to add the lighting by chance? Or you have to have the lighting there in real life instead of the on-camera flash. Because this specific person I used as an example actually uses a ring light, but I can't seem to get his face smooth and accurate as he did with his thumbnail. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the commenters above have said, the right lens matters a lot, and lighting matters more than anything else. Having said that, the photos uyou posted are not that sharp or in focus IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the image in question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines