• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Photoshop secretly scan your images?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded this image from Adobe Stock ( File #:  329573176 ), now Adobe Photoshop will not let me open it. It gives me an error message:

"This application does not support the editing of banknote images. For more information, select the information button below for internet-based information on restrictions for copying and distibuting banknote images or go to www.rulesforuse.org."

This is an odd message considering this image was already manipulated and it's being distributed by Adobe. Another question that arises from this... does Adobe Photoshop secretly scan every image you open?

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 8.42.01 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Hi

Adobe Photoshop includes a counterfeit deterrence system (CDS) that prevents the use of the product to illegally duplicate banknotes. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/cds.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you from experience that this doesn't always work properly.

Using this type of structure:

//nothing here except targeting photoshop & localize
try {
    // --> all code relating to loading and manipulating an image
} catch(e){
    // handle e
}
//nothing here

I've still had money images that made photoshop crash. Things like packshots of a wallet with some currency showing.

To the OP: I don't work with currency a lot, but for me, images not showing the entire unit of currency (ie not the entire bill or coin) are usually fine. The picture below doesn't show an entire dollar bill and does open in photoshop.

JefBracke_0-1639560830661.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines