• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Does PS have an auto update/auto correct feature for free hand drawing shapes?

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

New to PS and have a question about shapes. I am familiar with a feature in Illustrator where you can draw lines/shapes free hand with mouse using paint brush tool and the program can auto revise / auto correct (for lack of a better word) and make the shape appear more fluid and/or symmetrical. I am wondering is there a way to do this in PS?

In case that was hard to follow or I did a poor job of explaining, let me try to give a scenario to better illustrate what I am asking. Let's say in PS I use the paint brush tool to draw a four leaf clover. Doing this free hand could lead to the curves of the leaves looking jagged/abnormal due to slight hand movements or the image may look terribly disproprtinate or lack symmetry. Is there any option is PS so the program can detect when smooth curves are trying to be done or symmetry from the left to right side of a shape?

Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can select a brush then go to Brush Settings and increase the smoothing - it will compensate for jitters.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines